An article about rising infection rates
Here we go again.
In most developed countries infection rates with Sars-CoV2 are rising again as vaccination campaign stagnates and for children there is not yet a
recommendation for vaccination in most countries.
On top, protection of double-vaccinated people is dropping with the time and we do see them getting infections as well. Booster vaccinations are starting in the first world as huge parts of the world still are left behind.
The situation in a lot of health systems is tense again as health personnel is worn out and a significant number left the job for good.
Alertness and awareness that Sars- CoV2 is still a serious threat to all of us is of utmost importance. In that context we should reclaim the basic points to protect ourselves and those around us as stated by the World Health Organization (WHO):
- Get vaccinated as soon as it’s your turn and follow local guidance on vaccination.
- Keep physical distance of at least 1 meter from others, even if they don’t appear to be sick. Avoid crowds and close contact.
- Wear a properly fitted mask when physical distancing is not possible and in poorly ventilated settings.
- Clean your hands frequently with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you develop symptoms or test positive for COVID-19, self-isolate until you recover
- Keep up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as WHO or your local and national health authorities. Local and national authorities and public health units are best placed to advise on what people in your area should be doing to protect themselves.
(excerpt from: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public, visited November, 7th 2021)
In addition, it is useful to get tested regularly.
Furthermore, keep your own medical record updated and with you, so that you are able to provide all relevant information about your health status whenever it might become necessary!
Read more about World Medical Card
World Medical Card
World Medical Cards is an unique and easy to use tool that allows you create your own medical journal. It ensures your critical information is always available, relevant and up to date.
It is always available via web, app or physical card. It’s understood by Healthcare professionals all over the world.
By sharing your profile with relatives or travel companions, you help the ones closest to you to assist when required.
✓ WMC -makes is easy to gather all critical information in one place
✓ WMC -makes it easy to communicate critical information digital and physical
✓ All information in the WMC profile is user defined and personal
✓ WMC profile information is stored and protected securely